Today’s episode starts off with a discussion about why Fat is the new Black. We're more educated than ever about what causes obesity. So why is it on the rise? Will simply changing the quality of fats make one healthier and even lose weight?
Welcome to Bruce Fife, CN and ND, author of over 20 books including The Coconut Oil Miracle, Coconut Cures, the Detox Book, Stop Vision Loss Now! and many, many more (Affiliate links are included in this post). Bruce has been researching coconuts for 20 years and this week he chats to Adrienne about the differences in coconut oil and palm oil, how coconuts are farmed, reasonable expectations from coconut oil and water.
Coconut oil is being touted as a wonder-food, but why? It’s known to have the following qualities:
- Anti-bacterial—stops bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks.
- Anti-carcinogenic—keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity.
- Anti-fungal—destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast.
- Anti-inflammatory—suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue.
- Anti-microbial—inactivates harmful microbes and fights infection.
- Anti-oxidant—protects from free radical damage.
- Anti-retroviral/parasitic/protozoa/viral—destroys HIV and HTLV-1, rids the body of lice, tapeworms and other parasites, kills protozoan infection in the gut, kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, AIDS, hepatitis and more.
- Stabilize blood sugar
- Lower heart disease risk
- Boost thyroid function
- Lose weight/flat belly
Is coconut oil just a panacea? Is the coconut so perfect? Or can you overdo it like other foods? Is there any contraindication for coconuts? How did coconut get such a bad rap?
Bruce and Adrienne discuss how coconut oil used to be common but how marketing by big companies changed this in the USA and how that has even affected the use of coconut oil in other countries such as Jamaica and Fiji.
What can you use coconut oil for? Its usefulness goes beyond eating and drinking it. Find out why it’s great for mechanics! There's even talk about using coconut water as IV fluid -- Really! And Bruce answers all our listener’s questions about Coconut oil.
Bruce’s website, Coconut Research Center is packed with information about everything coconut: articles, videos, news and information.
|Coconut and its health benefits are many, and Bruce Fife is an expert in this field so why not learn more about what coconut can do for you by reading one of his books?|
Thanks for listening! Please share this episode to help spread the word. You can also subscribe to get updates about new episodes and get a copy of The Nutrition Heretic's S#IT List: 7 Health Food To Avoid Like The Plague in your inbox by clicking here.